SEN Teaching Assistant | DE21, Derbyshire| Immediate Start
Full time, Monday to Friday (08:30 – 15:30)
£80-£100 per day
LTF Recruitment are currently working with an excellent Special educational Needs School (DE21) who are seeking a Teaching Assistant with SEN experience to join their dedicated team of support staff to work alongside their students with Complex Needs. This role will be for the rest of the academic Year, with the potential to be extended for a successful candidate.
Main Duties will include:
- Working 1:1 with children within the classroom.
- Helping to engage SEN pupils and encouraging interaction.
- Supporting children with reading, writing and their work.
- Supporting the Class teacher with delivery of lessons.
- Supporting with moving, handling and hoisting where appropriate.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Have at least 6 months experience working within a school, or in a setting working with children with SEN.
- Hold a relevant degree or qualification.
- Have a good understanding of supporting SEN students.
- Have experience supporting students in moving, handling and hoisting (not essential).
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to quickly build relationships with students and staff.
About the School
- Warm and welcoming school environment.
- Passionate and supportive SLT.
- Renowned for inclusive approach towards education.
- Fantastic SEN facilities.
- Excellent teaching facilities and resources to help start your career.
This is a challenging but rewarding role and successful applicants will have excellent opportunities for progression. To apply for the role please submit your CV via the application page or direct to Adam at LTF Recruitment. All applicants will need a valid DBS and 2 excellent references.