Teaching Assistant – SEN School |Derbyshire (DE1)| £80-£100 per day| Long term to permanent role for the right candidate |Work pattern: 08:15 -15:45 (Mon to Fri – term time only) |Recent graduates encouraged to apply.
LTF Recruitment are seeking an enthusiastic, caring and skilled individual to join our team at a fantastic special school in DE1. You will be joining a special school catering to pupils with a variety of SEN. The school has been on a long journey of improvement and is becoming a beacon of educational strength within the local community.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant, your role is to support our children with their learning and general wellbeing to ensure every child has the best opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment.
You will be expected to establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the school, and to promote and encourage independence and personal development in pupils while maintaining high expectations of behaviour at all times.
You will support the class teacher and contribute to providing high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and experiences through supporting the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
Like many SEN environments, your duties are likely to vary and therefore candidates will need to be flexible and be able to lend a hand whenever required.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Experience working with SEN in an employed or voluntary setting.
- A recognised qualification at Level 1 or above in Support work for Teaching and Learning in Schools or an equivalent (desirable but not essential).
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
- Ability to adapt and be resilient.
- The desire to put the child first and treat them as an individual.
- Be positive and creative in assisting to meet pupils’ individual needs.
- Recent graduates with a relevant degree will be considered.
If this is a career path that interests you, please upload your CV via the application page or contact Adam at LTF recruitment. Please note, all applicants will require a DBS certificate and two references.