Sports & Behaviour Mentor – Alternative provision
Location: Nottingham NG1
PayScale: £80 – £100 per day
Working day: Monday to Friday 0800 – 16:00 (term time only)
Duration: Long-term to permanent
Start date: Immediate
- Engage hard to reach students through football, gym, running, cycling – you choose!
- Bespoke timetable, never working with more than 1 student at a time!
- Fantastic transport links for an easy commute.
- Temporary to permanent contract available.
Do you have a sports background and would like to make the transition to education? Are you motivated by the prospect of making a positive impact on the lives of young people no longer in mainstream education?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
- Support children with SEN and challenging behaviour on a 1:1 basis.
- Help students regulate their emotions through appropriate intervention and sport.
- Plan and deliver 1:1 sport intervention.
- Promote good behaviour from students.
- Implement long term plans and strategies to improve learning and behaviour.
- Support students with their learning where necessary.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a sport, PE or games background, possessing the skills required to engage SEN learners.
- Have experience working with special educational needs (not essential).
- Be open to continued professional development to upskill themselves to work with a variety of SEN needs.
- Be able to form effective relationships with staff and pupils.
- Be a strong role model for pupils.