SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Birmingham, B7
Days: 5 days, Monday – Friday, Term Time Only
Hours: 8:30am – 3:30pm
Daily Rate: £90 – £110
Start Date: Monday 19th February 2024 or ASAP
End Date: July 2024
Benefits – Long Term Contract | Secure On-Site Parking | Weekly CPD Opportunities | Permanent Contract Opportunity | Brand-New Purpose-Built Site
Job Role: Provide support for students across all lessons, supporting key students with access to their OPPs to ensure they can access the school curriculum.
- Work with the individual student in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff.
- Consistently support the pupil in accordance to their special educational needs
- Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities to the pupils needs as appropriate both physically and academically.
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, relating to the needs of the pupil.
- Support independent learning and inclusion for the particular pupil.
- Provide feedback to in relation to attainment and progress under the direction of the teacher.
- Assist with any physical and academic support the students needs to access lesson content and support them to make academic progression throughout the curriculum.
- Prior experience working with students with special needs and implementing One Page Profiles (OPPs).
- Strong communication skills, via clear, concise and effective means (verbal and non-verbal).
- Demonstrates patience, resilience and remains calm in difficult situations.
- Adaptable and flexible to support the individual needs of the student.
If you feel you would be the right fit for this role, then please apply through submitting your CV. If you are a successful applicant, you will be contacted by James Cullingworth to arrange the next steps in the progression of your application.