Graduate Teaching Assistant Position
Location: Barking and Dagenham
Salary: £85 to £100 Per Day
Hours: 8.30am to 3.30pm
Start Date: ASAP Start
Overview: Take your first steps in the education and training industry, with this fantastic opportunity for a recent Psychology graduate to work as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at a wonderful, inclusive primary school. The school are seeking a passionate Psychology graduate to work 1:1 with pupils with special educational needs in nursery. This is a full-time role would be a great opportunity for graduates looking to gain experience within the classroom and with working with special educational needs.
- Classroom Support: Assist primary school teachers in creating an engaging learning environment.
- Individualized Assistance: Provide one-on-one support to students with diverse learning needs.
- Behavioral Support: Collaborate with teachers to implement strategies that promote positive behavior and emotional well-being.
- Small Group Activities: Facilitate small group activities to enhance social and emotional development.
- Assessment Support: Assist in assessing and monitoring students’ progress, providing feedback to teachers and parents.
- Resource Development: Contribute to the development of educational resources that align with psychological principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology: Recent graduates with a background in psychology or related field.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively with young learners, teachers, and parents.
- Empathy and Patience: Demonstrate empathy and patience in working with children.
- Team Collaboration: Work collaboratively with teachers and staff to create a positive learning environment.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to the dynamic needs of a primary school setting.
- Professional Development: Opportunities for training and workshops tailored to primary education.
- Supportive Environment: Work in a collaborative and supportive school community.
- Career Pathways: Explore potential pathways for further career development in education and psychology.
How to Apply: If you are enthusiastic, dedicated, and eager to make a difference, we would love to hear from you! To apply for the Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant role, please submit your CV via the application page.