Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant Role
Location: Barking and Dagenham
Salary: £85 to £100 Per Day
8.30am to 3.30pm
Term Time Only | ASAP Start
About the role:
Take your first steps in the education and training industry, with this fantastic opportunity for a recent Psychology graduate to work as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at a wonderful, inclusive primary school. The school are seeking a passionate Psychology graduate to work 1:1 with pupils with special educational needs in year 4. This is a full-time role would be a great opportunity for graduates looking to gain experience within the classroom and with working with special educational needs.
As a Psychology Graduate TA you will:
- Provide additional support to students with additional needs on a 1:1 basis as well as within the classroom environment and smaller groups.
- Help students to engage in their lessons and learning and encouraging interaction
- Support children with reading, writing and their work.
- Keep track of pupil’s progress and liaising with the class teacher and school SENCO to update on progress
- Support the class teacher with the delivery of lessons
- Have at least one years’ experience working within a school or is a recent graduate or in their final year of studying.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to quickly build relationships with students and staff
- Enhanced DBS Certificate (within 1 year or on the update service)
- 2 X Refs
- Right to work in the UK
This is a fantastic opportunity for graduates to join an Ofsted rating ‘Outstanding’ Primary school, enabling them to gain experience working within education and with special educational needs. The school benefits from excellent resources and a brilliant team that pull together to create the best outcomes for their children. Parents and Carers feedback is excellent, and children enjoy an enriched curriculum tailored to their needs.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then please submit your CV via the application page or contact Scott directly at LTF Recruitment!