Location: Kirkby, NG17
Salary: £24,500 – £26,500
Days: Monday to Friday, Term Time Only
Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Start Date: Monday 19th February or ASAP
Contract: Temp to Perm – Sept 2024 Perm Start Date
Benefits: Opportunity for Permanent Employment | Weekly CPD Sessions | Daily Rate Paid to Salary Scale | Free Staff School Meals*
Post Objective: To provide pastoral support across a multitude of areas for students within your year cohort & to act as a point of contact for all pastoral communication for parents/carers and outside agencies.
- Work alongside the Year/House Leader on all matters relating to the pastoral care of students, with a particular focus on vulnerable leaners
- Promote excellent attendance and punctuality of all students through close work with students, parents, the attendance team and outside agencies.
- Work alongside the safeguarding team to ensure students are safe in and beyond school
- Monitor behaviour and apply a range of intervention strategies where necessary to support both students and teachers
- Be highly visible on corridors both at student social times and during lessons
- Effective communication with parents /carers /outside agencies to offer support and personalised intervention strategies for students
- Experience of working with students at Keys Stage 3 and Key Stage 4
- Ability to work in partnership with Heads of Year and Pastoral Leaders
- Knowledge of and / or experience of using strategies to support students displaying challenging behaviours
- An awareness of keeping children safe, noticing safeguarding and welfare concerns and an understanding of how and when to take appropriate action.
- Hold a current and valid DBS certificate or willing to obtain a DBS Certificate
If you feel you would be the right fit for this role, then please apply through submitting your CV. If you are a successful applicant, you will be contacted by James Cullingworth to arrange the next steps in the progression of your application.