Location: Coalville, LE67
Pay: £110 – £140 per day
Days: 5 days, Monday – Friday, Term Time Only
Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Fixed Term until Easter Break, with opportunity to extend
Benefits: Teaching Qualification Opportunities | Regular CPD Sessions | Free Staff Meals* | Part of a Support Pastoral Team
Role: Support class teachers by assisting in classroom management and by providing support with the school’s internal behaviour system. Additionally, supporting positive behaviour adaptations with students across all year groups.
- Take a lead with being ‘on-call’ during lesson times, ensuring that disruptive behaviour is minimised and dealt with in line with the schools internal system
- Assist with the delivery of intervention sessions where required, mentoring students on a 1:1 and small group basis.
- Assist children to deal with behavioural and/or emotional difficulties or particular vulnerabilities.
- Support the fulfilment of pastoral care systems and practice across the school.
- Undertake activities with either individuals or small groups of children in order to facilitate their physical, emotional and educational development.
- Support Heads of Year and Pastoral Leaders to ensure pastoral care for students is consistent and well rounded on a daily basis
- Experience of working with students in a secondary education environment.
- Ability to work in partnership with Head of Year and Pastoral Leaders
- Knowledge of and / or experience of using strategies to support students displaying challenging behaviours
- An awareness of keeping children safe, noticing safeguarding and welfare concerns and an understanding of how and when to take appropriate action.
- Hold a current and valid DBS certificate or willing to obtain a DBS Certificate
If you feel you would be the right fit for this role, then please apply through submitting your CV. If you are a successful applicant, you will be contacted by James Cullingworth to arrange the next steps in the progression of your application.