Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Location: Birmingham, B7
Daily Rate: £110 – £130
Days: 5 days, Monday – Friday
Times: 8:15am – 3:45pm
Start Date: Monday 19th February 2024
End Date: End of the 23/24 Academic Year – opportunity to go permanent in Sept 2024
Benefits: Permanent Opportunity Sept 2024 | Free School Meals* | Free On-Site Parking | Regular CPD Sessions | Lined Managed by Experienced SENDCo
Role Purpose: to providing interventions and delivery support to students to develop their literacy (reading & writing skills) and to support in the management of the schools Inclusion Base, offering students an additional support network.
- Delivering 1 to 1 or small group lessons or sessions, based around the development of literacy skills
- Working closely with teaching staff, under the direction of the lead teacher, prepare intervention programmes and learning activities to meet the individual needs of students.
- Supporting students to access mainstream lessons by overcoming the barriers to learning.
- Adapting learning activities and resources for students as required to ensure high levels of participation and engagement.
- Establishing positive relationships with students, acting as a positive role model for them, setting high expectations and developing their confidence.
- Establishing and maintaining regular links with parents and carers, providing feedback about students’ strengths and apparent barriers to learning as necessary.
- Liaising with external agencies to manage individual support for students where appropriate.
- Supporting screening and assessments with children to identify unmet cognitive or behavioural need in conjunction with the lead teacher.
- L3 Supporting Teaching & Learning or HLTA qualification
- At least 12 months experience working with students in a delivery & support capacity
- Knowledge and understanding of SEND and how to ensure continued academic progress
- The ability to deliver and lead English focused (reading and writing) sessions based around rapid progress
If you feel you would be the right fit for this role, then please apply through submitting your CV. If you are a successful applicant, you will be contacted by James Cullingworth to arrange the next steps in the progression of your application.