Higher Level Teaching Assistant | Nottingham – NG4 | £100 – £120 per day | January 2024
This role aims to offer individualised support and guidance to pupils with a range of complex needs associated with behaviour and SEND. Delivering and implementing intervention programmes to support targeted pupils to achieve their individual subject targets. The HLTA role may suit QTS teachers who have a strong interest in SEND and wish to work with smaller groups.
- Strong interest in SEND and experience with SEND pupils is essential.
- Delivering 1 to 1 or small group lessons or sessions to students with complex needs associated with behaviour and SEND.
- Working closely with teaching staff, under the direction of the lead teacher, prepare intervention programmes and learning activities to meet the individual needs of students.
- Supporting students to access mainstream lessons by overcoming the barriers to learning.
- Adapting learning activities and resources for students as required to ensure high levels of participation and engagement. This includes preparation of and delivery of materials and resources as needed.
- Modelling and sharing best practice for meeting the needs of targeted pupils with teaching and support staff across the academy.
Who are we looking for?
- Level 4 Teaching Assistant Qualification (Experienced TA’s are encouraged to reply)
- Comfortable leading from the front of the class and also supporting when required
- Flexible in their approach, adapting to the changing needs of the school environment
- Previous experience in a teaching assistant role in the UK
If you feel you would be the right fit for this role, then please apply through submitting your CV. If you are a successful applicant, you will be contacted by Tom to arrange the next steps in the progression of your application.