Graduate Teaching Assistant
Location: Birmingham, B10
Pay: £80 – £100 per day
Days: 5 days, Monday – Friday, Term Time Only
Hours: 8:30am – 3:30pm
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: July 2024
Benefits: Teaching Qualification Opportunities | Regular CPD Sessions | Subject Specific Placements | Free Staff Meals
Role: Support students within KS3 and KS4 across a range of subjects in a classroom-based setting and also support students on a pastoral basis to overcome barriers to achieving in education.
- Assistant the classroom teacher, supporting their instruction and facilitate learning (across all subjects)
- Provide 1 to 1 and small group support, providing additional assistance to students with additional learning needs
- Support classroom and behaviour management, monitoring student behaviour and addressing low level disruption issues
- Providing assessment for learning, giving constructive feedback to students and recording progress
- Building positive relationships with students, developing rapport and maintaining open lines of communication.
- Recent graduate, with a subject specific degree at Second Class Upper (2:1) or above
- Ambitious and looking to gain experience before pursuing a career in education
- Strong communicator, with the ability to relate to students from a range of different background
- Have previous experience working in education, supporting students to make academic progress
- Hold a current and valid DBS certificate or willing to obtain a DBS Certificate
If you feel you would be the right fit for this role, then please apply through submitting your CV. If you are a successful applicant, you will be contacted by James Cullingworth to arrange the next steps in the progression of your application.