Behaviour Learning Support Assistant (not mainstream education) |Sheffield, S2 | £90 – £100 per day | 8:30am – 3:30pm / 35 hours per week (term-time only) | ASAP start
Post Objective: To provide in class, behavioural support to promote individual students’ progress.
Classroom Support responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the class teacher, work with individuals and small groups of students within a classroom situation to ensure each child has the maximum access to all learning activities.
- In liaison with teaching staff, plan, prepare and deliver the support needed, developing strategies to achieving positive behavioural outcomes.
- Support teaching staff with appropriate strategies when dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Ensure pupils receive regular and constructive feedback with regards to their progress.
Additional Student Support responsibilities:
- Work with teaching staff in the planning and implementation of individual behaviour support programmes for named children or small groups.
- Meeting individual children or small groups to support them through withdrawal from classes or through meetings arranged at other times in the school day.
- Assist in group workshops for students identified with Behavioural, Social and Emotional Difficulties (SEMH).
- Small group work intervention for Maths and English.
- Liaise with Alternative Education Providers, parents and teaching staff on student progress.
- Challenge and motivate students to promote self-esteem.
- Have at least one years’ experience working within a school or working with children in a support based setting.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to quickly build relationships with students and staff
- Enhanced DBS Certificate (within 1 year or on the update service)
- 2 X references
- Right to work in the UK
If you feel you would be the right fit for this role, then please apply through submitting your CV. If you are a successful applicant, you will be contacted to arrange the next steps in the progression of your application.