Behaviour Mentor | Coventry CV5| £85-£100 | Long Term to Permanent |ASAP Start
LTF Recruitment currently have an exciting opportunity for a Behaviour Mentor to start working ASAP at out inclusive partner school in Lower Eastern Green, CV5. As a Behaviour Mentor, you will play a crucial role in creating a supportive and inclusive environment for our students. Reporting to the SENDCo, the successful candidate will mentor, and support identified students within KS1 and KS2 who have SEMH and other behaviour needs, helping them to overcome behavioural and educational barriers.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students who may be experiencing behavioural challenges.
- Implement behavioural intervention strategies and support plans.
- Promoting self-regulation and social skills development among students.
- Work closely with teachers, parents, and other staff members to create and implement individualised behaviour plans for students.
- To support the teacher in the delivery of specific Educational Health and Care Plans for those pupils’ with Special Educational Needs, in liaison with health care/other professionals.
- Using Teaching and Learning objectives support the teacher in monitoring, assessing and recording of pupil progress/activities, writing reports and records as required.
It will be desirable for the candidate to:
- Be confident and calm when managing challenging behaviour.
- Be a strong role model for children.
- Have a passion to support and engage children with a range of learning needs.
- Team Teach Qualification or equivalent is desirable.
Successful candidates will benefit from working at an inclusive school in a caring and friendly environment. The school has excellent SEN Facilities, and all children are welcomed in the school’s inclusive community, and all are challenged to be the best they can be. An experienced and supportive senior team are committed to the improvement of students’ learning opportunities and teachers’ professional development.
To apply for the role please submit your CV via the application page and you will be contacted by Alex if successful. All applicants will need a valid DBS and 2 references.