ASD Teaching Assistant
Location: Waltham Forest
Payscale: £85-100 per day
Contract: Long term to Permanent | ASAP Start
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate teaching assistant to join our team in Waltham Forest to work with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The successful candidate will work closely with the classroom teacher to provide individualized support to students with ASD, helping them to achieve their full potential.
– Work with small groups of students with ASD to reinforce learning concepts and provide individualized support.
– Assist the classroom teacher with lesson planning and preparation, adapting materials to meet the needs of students with ASD.
– Help to create a safe, positive, and engaging learning environment for students with ASD.
– Implement strategies and interventions to support students with ASD, such as visual aids, social stories, and sensory breaks.
– Monitor student progress and provide feedback to the classroom teacher.
– Experience working with students with ASD in a school or similar setting.
– Knowledge of ASD and understanding of the needs of students with ASD.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
– A positive and enthusiastic attitude towards learning.
– A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV via the application page. We welcome applications from candidates with a range of experience, including those who are new to working with ASD students but have a strong desire to learn and grow in this area. We look forward to hearing from you!